At the beginning of winter and with every flu you get, you hear the famous mom's word, “Do I peel you an orange”? The benefits of orange are not limited to the flu and its treatment, but it has much more benefits such as:
1. It will help you lose weight: The number of calories in oranges is very low, up to 65 calories in a medium orange, which will help you lose weight. Also, the high fiber content in orange will increase your satiation and help you lose weight.
2. Orange prevents cancer: Vitamin C level in oranges is very high, which helps it to be an antioxidant and a strong inhibitor of cancer cells because the antioxidant characteristics help oranges to protect humans from breast, skin, lung, pharynx, colon, and esophageal cancers. According to a study published in the American Journal of Epidemiology that the benefits of oranges and orange juice for children in the first two years of age reduces the risk of developing leukemia and one study has shown that vitamin C can be extracted from oranges one day to avoid rectal colon cancer cells.
3. Orange and Sex! Thanks to the presence of flavonoids in oranges, the high nutritional values found in oranges help improve overall body health and affect the improvement of intimacy between the couple. Studies in 2016 have shown that flavonoids in oranges reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction in men. Besides, the effect of oil extracted from orange peel and its properties that can be used as an aphrodisiac and using it regularly can help to solve some problems such as: Sexual frigidity, impotence, loss of interest in intimacy, and decreased libido
4. Healthier skin: Oranges contain antioxidants that help keep the skin fresh and prevent signs of aging. If you want to keep your skin healthy at age 50 as if you're young, you should eat an orange every day
5. Blood pressure will be controlled: Hesperidin in oranges helps reducing cholesterol level and it also helps reducing blood pressure, which makes oranges a good remedy for high blood pressure
6. If you have diabetes, take oranges as a friend: Many studies have shown that diabetics need high-fiber and low-glucose meals, hence orange is an important meal for diabetics because it also helps to lower high cholesterol levels, which prevents atherosclerosis.
7. Orange as a treatment for heart: Flavonoids, especially hesperidin, help protect against heart diseases and reduce the risk of having it.
8. Treatment of kidney stones: Oranges contain citric acid and citrate, which helps prevent kidney stones. Eating oranges regularly will provide you with protection from this disease and prevent you from its damages
9. Anemia and oranges: Anemia is caused by a lack of blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood, which caused by iron deficiency in the body. Although orange is not a rich source of iron, yet it is an important source of organic acids such as vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and citric acid. These two acids help increase the body's absorption of iron.